History of Premier Vinyl
- 2003 - 23 year old Travis Rhodes and his first cousin, 30 year old Jody Cyzick, had a dream to provide the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding areas with premium vinyl fencing, railing, and deck products at fair prices, with an emphasis on personal customer service. They leased Travis' dads old apple packing shed off Mole Hill Road in Dayton, bought an old truck, a truckload of vinyl profiles, and a CNC router, and went to work. For 1 1/2 years, the two of them worked long hours, dug post holes by hand, and took no paycheck, living off savings. It was a challenge, but the dream was alive!
- 2004 - With increasing demand for Premier Vinyl products and services, they hired their first employee on June 8, 2004.
- 2006 - Having outgrown the apple packing shed, with five employees and an ever growing demand for Premier Vinyl products due to the booming housing market , Jody & Travis knew it was time to expand. They leased a 50' x 160' building off Brent & Monica Burkholder on Eversole Road west of Harrisonburg, and moved Premier Vinyl to the new location on April 4, 2006.
- 2008 - Even as expansion continued to eight employees, Jody & Travis grew increasingly concerned by signs that the housing market was overheated and creating a dangerous bubble, so they began making contingency plans to get through the coming recession. Premier Vinyl was and remains a family business, and Jody & Travis felt deep responsibility to their employees who rely on Premier Vinyl to feed their families.
- 2009 - With the economy collapsing, stock market crashing, and housing bubble bursting, Jody & Travis put their plan into action, purchasing an empty lot at 223 Old River Road in Bridgewater. Fully utilizing their team of skilled craftsmen, Premier Vinyl went to work building their own permanent home. On June 15, 2009, with major construction of the new fabrication facility and showroom completed, Premier Vinyl moved into its new headquarters.
- 2015 - Now a thriving, mature, family owned business driven by a resilient local economy, resurgence in the housing market, solid peer to peer business relationships, and an efficient team of 13 highly skilled employees, Premier Vinyl enjoyed continued sustained growth, and began to envision new and exciting growth prospects.
- 2016 - In keeping with an exciting vision to provide not only the Shenandoah Valley, but also the entire state of Virginia with premium vinyl products at fair prices, Premier Vinyl laid the groundwork for a second fabrication facility and showroom in Ruckersville, Virginia!!
- 2017 - Construction on our new Ruckersville facility began in January 2017. Thanks to our talented crew and our construction partners, the project is finished right on time and right on budget! The new location opened for business August 1st, 2017. Meanwhile, our Bridgewater location experienced continued growth due to the strengthening housing market and renewed optimism due to election of Donald Trump as 45th president of the United States.
- 2018 - Premier Vinyl continues to flourish, growing into an enterprise of two locations, twenty talented team members, and excellent client and vendor relationships built upon mutual respect and a desire to create value for our team, customers, vendors, communities, and country!